I am a lifelong educator, former academic, and independent glass mosaicist. My nature inspired handcrafted mosaics are created in my Berkeley studio and sell in events across northern CA, as well as a few Bay Area brick and mortar stores. As a hiker, gardener and birder, I find inspiration from landscapes and native wildlife, while my analytic tendencies are nourished by close attention to contrasting shapes and textures within more abstracted patterns, and as a lens for expressing texture, depth and movement. I build my own concrete and fiberglass 3D substrates to reflect my interpretation of the wildscapes I traverse as a hiker. And yes, Catboy (pictured, R), does indeed snore.
Commissions, Original Work & Further Information. I am available for custom commissions!
- Examples from my portfolio can be seen in the Gallery.
- Pieces for Sale.
- Come visit me outdoors! In 2022 I will be in person at over 30 events–from Farmers Markets to craft fairs. At each event I will have garden stepping stones, framed suncatchers, California landscapes and 3D relief wall hangings
- My Berkeley studio is housed in the Makers Workspace— contact me to make an appointment to visit
- I regularly sell at CNPS (California Native Plant Society) bi-annual native plant sales, e.g. chapter sales in Sacramento and El Dorado County.
- Select indoor and outdoor pieces are for sale at brick and mortar East Bay spots:
- Other Visuals. I (sparingly) showcase some pieces (and pictures of the snoring Orange himself) on Instagram under the SnoringOrangeStudio profile
- Other thoughts? If you feel my artwork would contribute to your art/garden shop, or are interested in a commission and pricing/availability of pieces in the gallery, please contact me.